We can all agree that it is vital to maintain your backyard during the autumn. As soon as leaves start to fall, the aesthetical appearance of our yards decreases.
The main reason for that is because the electric leaf blowers have advanced in the last few years and finally, electric equipment can stand toe to toe with gas-powered alternatives.
We decided to present your comprehensive review and buying guide on the best electric leaf blowers that you can find on the market in 2019:
Best Electric Leaf Blowers Comparison Table
|Name||Dimensions||Engine Power||Maximum Speed||Check Price|
|Black Decker BV6000||15.6 x 20.8 x 9.9 inches||12-Amp||250-mph|
|DEWALT DWBL700 Elec Blower||17 x 17 x 11 inches||12-Amp||210 mph|
|Toro 51619||9 x 41 x 14 inches||12-Amp||210 mph|
|WORX WG500 TRIVAC||10.1 x 15.8 x 28 inches||12-Amp||210 mph|
|Greenworks 24012 Electric Blower||17.3 x 7.3 x 9.8 inches||9-Amp||130-mph|
|Performance Tool W50063 Leaf Blower||9.4 x 7.5 x 7.2 inches||5-Amp||75-mph|
|BLACK+DECKER BV5600 Vac/Blower/Mulcher||15.6 x 20.8 x 9.9 inches||12-Amp||250-mph|
|WORX WG518||40 x 11.7 x 10 inches||12-Amp||250-mph|
|WORX WG517||40 x 11 x 9.6 inches||7.5-Amp||120-mph|
|WORX TURBINE WG520||40 x 11 x 9.6 inches||12-Amp||110-mph|
1. Black Decker BV6000 – Best For Household Owners With Limited Budget
Black&Decker BV6000 leaf blower is one of the most affordable choices that you can find on the market especially when you compare it with other tools. It contains a 12-amp engine that will provide you three different functions that you can quickly change.
The maximum blowing speed can reach up to 250 mph, and you can choose two rates based on your preferences and ground you are operating on.
You can rest assured because it is noiseless and you will get a wide array of products and tools that will reduce the hassle of immersive vibration. It is lightweight, and you will be able to use it for plenty of places even narrow ones.
You will get vacuum capabilities which will reduce the hassle of getting the leaves back inside after blowing them. That great function will increase the convenience so that you can avoid buying more tools for your garden maintenance.
2. DEWALT DWBL700 Elec Blower – Best For Heavy-Duty Household Assignments
Finding a leaf blower that will meet your criteria and preferences can be challenging, but with DeWalt DWBL700 leaf blower, you will not break a sweat. It is perfectly designed to provide you a middle ground between the household appliance and commercial tool.
You will get the ability to choose three modes without using additional tools. Place the nozzle inside and start operation in no time.
The main disadvantage is that you will not find a vacuum feature within this blower, which is common when compared with other blowers within the price range.
However, you should have in mind that sturdy construction and high-quality operation will make up for this disadvantage.
The maximum wind force that this particular leaf blower can push will be able to reach up to 247 mph. The flat concentrator nozzle is an excellent deal for heavy-duty assignments; while one-inch concentrator nozzle will help, you adapt it for any lawn and backyard.
3. Toro 51619 - Best For Maneuvering Due To Lightweight Design
If you wish to find perfect leaf blower you should consider Toro 51619 Ioves electric leaf blower. The greatest thing about it is an intuitive control panel and sleek design that will increase its appearance and ability to use it across the yard.
Apart from getting an efficient leaf blower, you will be able to enjoy in vacuuming tool as well. You will get other capabilities such as shredding which will reduce up to 90% of the volume, which means that it is almost noiseless.
On the other hand, when compared with Toro 51621 Ioves leaf blower, this particular one comes with better features for an affordable price tag.
You do not have to worry, because you can easily adjust the product without using any additional tool to handle a wide array of functions. You can carry it around with ease and operate a long time due to lightweight design, which is only 6.5-pounds.
Due to compact design and lightweight construction, you can store Toro ultra 51619 in a bag that you will get within the package.
4. WORX WG500 TRIVAC - Best For Vacuuming, Shredding, and Blowing
The Worx WG500 TRIVAC is everything you ever dream of when it comes to best electric leaf blower on the market that could easily surpass gas-powered alternatives and its predecessor such as Worx WG509 trivia.
It comes with fantastic airspeed that can reach up to 210 mph, which means that you will be able to use it for medium to heavy-duty assignments.
We can easily say that it is one of the most reliable electric leaf blowers that you can find on the market in 2019. The impressive thing about this particular leaf blower is that comes with ergonomic design.
You will also get other features that will increase convenience for your backyard work such as blowing, shredding, and vacuuming. It is simple to change programs by pushing a single button.
You do not need to use tools and other things that will help you for operation, which means that you will get a convenient and versatile tool for multi-purpose.
5. Greenworks 24012 Electric Blower - Best For Everyday Household Use
GreenWorks 24012 electric leaf blower is an excellent solution due to the simple design and a fantastic deal of power that will help you deal with household assignments.
At the same time, it is both compact and lightweight, so you will be able to use it for a long time without muscle strains.
Since it is corded, it features a 7-amp engine, so that you can use it without thinking whether you should recharge it or not. However, this could be problematic for some people due to lack of mobility.
It can reach up to 160 mph airspeed, which is a decent amount of power when compared with other leaf blowers within the price range. Ergonomic design will help you reduce the hassle during the operation.
We also have to mention that you will be able to get it for an affordable price tag, so if you are on budget strains, you can afford this particular one for your personal needs.
6. Performance Tool W50063 Leaf Blower - Best For Small Lawns and Basic Tasks
Finally, you can rest assured, because Performance Tool W50063 leaf blower is two in one tool that you will be able to use a vacuum and a blower.
It comprises a robust engine that will provide you enough power so that you can blow away leaves on lawn and dirt from surfaces and collect them afterward in a vacuum bag.
Due to 600 watts motor, it can quickly achieve up to 75 mph, which is perfect for basic and low-duty assignments around your house. You can easily switch between vacuum and blower function by using a twist and lock system, which is implemented within the design.
It is an excellent option for people that do not wish to get large blower because they can be challenging and cumbersome to operate.
The combination of lightweight construction and compact design will increase the comfort during the use, and it will not put pressure on your muscles.
It comes with colossal handle that will assure more comfortable grip so that you can maneuver with ease.
7. BLACK+DECKER BV5600 Vac/Blower/Mulcher - Best For Large Backyards
Black&Decker BV5600 best electric leaf blower is a premium range of three-in-one tool that will provide you excellent design innovation and outstanding engine power. If you have a large lawn that you wish to take care of especially in a wet environment, this is the perfect leaf blower for you.
It is much more convenient and a better choice than Black&Decker BV6600 due to its lightweight and compact design.
It will benefit due to mighty leaf blowing methods, and it features the ability to use it on hard surfaces because it can quickly adapt to various environments. The combination of speed and motor power are connected, and you will be able to enjoy the 12-amp engine.
You can reach up to 250 mph maximum speed that will ensure that you always get consistent speed for hours of operation. You will also get a sturdy metal fan so that you can use it in mulcher mode, which will reduce risks of clogging and other problems as well.
By choosing a pivoting action turbo nozzle, you will be able to remove debris and leaves that are matted to the ground, which is almost impossible to do with other leaf blowers on the market.
8. WORX WG518 - Best For Large Household Assignments
Worx is one of the most popular brands when it comes to garden tools and appliances. That is why we decided to present you Worx WG518 electric leaf blower that will provide you peace of mind when it comes to this particular chore.
You will be able to get a great deal of power all the time during the performance, which is consistent. It contains a 12-amp electric engine; you will be able to handle heaviest and toughest yard debris with ease.
The maximum wind speed can reach with the particular Worx leaf blower is up to 250 mph based on specific circumstances, which is an excellent consideration. Since it can generate high levels of blowing, you will be able to compare it with gas blowers with ease.
At the same time, you can rest assured, because you do not have to mix oils and inhale fumes during the operation. Just plug it in the outlet, press the button and it will start immediately.
9. WORX WG517 - Best For People Who Want Lightweight and Powerful Leaf Blower
The worst thing that you can do is to think that the bigger is better when it comes to leaf blowers. Of course, having the one with more power will provide you the exceptional results, but it is much more difficult to handle, operate and they are bulky in overall.
These blowers can cause significant trouble for you and even injury or accident. The technology has changed and advanced, so electric blower will provide you a combination of power and compact design, which are the two essential features you should consider.
That is why WORX WG517 leaf blower is an excellent solution since it comes with the 7.5-amp electric engine.
This is unique amperage only for this particular type of products that will provide you more power and ability to draw the most out of it within compact construction and design.
10. WORX TURBINE WG520 - Best For Large Debris
If you wish to find a leaf blower that will provide you the immersive amount of power in combination with an electric motor, you should consider WORX WG520 leaf blower.
It is an excellent solution because it comes with a 12-amp engine, which means that it is capable of dealing with large debris and leaves as well. It can quickly push up to 600 cubic feet of air, which is twice as many as other electric leaf blowers that you can find on the market.
You can easily adjust the power on this particular leaf blower. Finally, you do not have to think through how to do it, but improve it with your thumb by using knowledge that you can easily roll.
It is compact and lightweight, which makes it a perfect solution for people that cannot handle large gas-powered counterparts.
The Best Electric Leaf Blower Buying Guide
Why Should You Choose An Electric Leaf Blower?
You should remember that electric leaf blowers are a great choice when it comes to dealing with leaves around your house as well as bagging, mulching, racking, piling and many more.
This particular work required plenty of time back in the day, and now you can complete it in a matter of hours. It does not matter if you wish to consider best leaf blower under $100 or the one that will provide you a significant amount of power, because you are in the right place.
Apart from its traditional users, you will be able to use it for car maintenance so that you can make sure that everything is spotless. When we compare it with gas-powered leaf blowers, you will gain numerous benefits by choosing the electric type, and we will present you some of them.
Three Types Of Best Electric Leaf Blowers
When you wish to choose an electric leaf blower or to purchase, it is essential to understand that power types are one thing, but we can differentiate three types of leaf blowers:
- Handheld Blowers - This is the lightest solution that you can find on the market, but the main problem is the limited range you will get with it. Have in mind that they are perfect for small yards and lawns. For instance, DeWalt 40V blower is one of the best handheld models that you can find on the market.
- Backpack Blowers - This particular type is a much more powerful choice than handheld, and they can cover a significant area, but they also come with an expensive price tag. They are bulkier than handheld blowers are but simpler to carry around because you will accumulate weight on the back, which is more comfortable than holding it with arms. Most backpack blowers are gas powered, but you can also find a few best cordless backpack blowers on the market. You can find Ego leaf blower in backpack mode.
- Walk-Behind Blowers - This is the most potent and commercial leaf blower type that is mostly used for large parks and yards especially in professional settings. They are the most expensive and most extensive of the three option, and all option that you can choose is the best gas leaf blower.
Differences Between Electric and Gas-Powered Leaf Blower
- Noise - Electric leaf blowers are lighter than gas-powered counterparts are. At the same time, you will be able to rest assured, because they are quiet when compared with other types of leaf blowers that you used before. Most electric blowers operate at or below 69-decibels. For instance, Toro 51585 electric leaf blower is one of the quietest solutions on the market in 2019.
- Types - Have in mind that electric leaf blowers are mostly handheld due to their lightweight construction. You will be able to consider two different types such as best battery leaf blower 2018 and corded types. Corded leaf blowers require a power outlet and work by using cord, which is convenient because you do not have to recharge it frequently and can run it longer, but will have limited mobility. On the other hand, gas leaf blowers come in two different models: backpack and handheld. They can use four-stroke or two-stroke engine, and in general, you will need to mix fuel with oil, while the latest models do not require mixture.
- Convenience Of Operating - When you wish to use corded leaf blowers, you will have restricted mobility due to the length of the cord. At the same time, it will be frustrating to drag the cord around all the time. However, battery-operated electric leaf blowers are highly mobile but restricted by battery life and strength. Spending hundreds of dollars for leaf blower that can operate for 15 minutes is not that big of a deal. Gas powered leaf blowers are high power, and they will be able to help you handle any assignment. However, they are bulkier and require periodical gas filling. They also release plenty of smoke and noise, as well as vibration.
- Noise and Pollution - Have in mind that leaf blowers are not that quiet mainly because they operate in high speeds and powers. However, several counties and cities have regulations when it comes to using gas-powered power tools, and they restrict their usage at specific times of the day. On the other hand, electric leaf blowers can also be loud, but much less than gas-powered ones.
Benefits Of Using Electric Leaf Blower
We can all agree that using electric leaf blower is much better consideration when compared to a gas leaf blower. It is a perfect tool that you can use to clean your backyard or lawn, especially during the Autumn months when dry leaves will cover the ground.
The idea is to remove them as soon as possible because as time goes by leaves will because thicker, wetter and more challenging to handle.
- Lightweight Solution - Since power comes from electricity, manufacturers do not have to install a massive engine on it. Therefore, it will be much lighter than other types of leaf blowers. Apart from that, it is noiseless so that you can clean lawns in crowded and constricted areas with ease.
- You Can Carry It On The Back - Backpack models are much more convenient than handheld because you will be able to maneuver with ease. Even though best backpack leaf blower models were more common for gas-powered models, today, you can find decent electric tools that will help you along the way. Finally, you can carry the power pack around and deal with great distances so that you can finish the job in no time. In case you live in a small yard, and you wish to find a tool to remove leaves from patios and decks safely, the backpack leaf blower is the best choice for your requirements.
- Simple to Maintain - Another great benefit of finding electric leaf blower is the ability to reduce overall maintenance. When compared with best gas leaf blower 2018, you will be able to use this particular equipment to remove residues from the tube. You can also clean its brushes from time to time so that you can keep it working efficiently.
- Wide Array Of Features - Having electrically powered leaf blower means that you will get additional bells and whistles, which makes them greater alternative than other types of leaf blowers. We are talking about a significant amount of power, reduced noise levels and greater mulch ratio than other tools on the market. If you wish to get the most out of it, you should check its overall price since most models come with an affordable price tag so that you can spare money in the long run.
- Simple To Use - Electric leaf blowers are convenient for the operation because you do not have to think about oil and gas mixture, rope starting up and many more things that are inconvenient with a gas-powered alternative. At the same time, you can avoid coping with the loud engine and exhaust levels will go away as well. We still recommend you to wear protective gear so that you can prevent debris from entering your nostrils, mouth, and eyes.
Things To Consider When Buying The Best Electric Leaf Blower
1. CFM and MPH Ratings
If you are asking yourself what is good CFM for a leaf blower, you should read this particular paragraph.
The best ways to measure the power of leaf blower is by using two numbers: MPH and CFM rating. The CFM or cubic feet per minute measure the level of air moved by the leaf blower in a single minute.
On the other hand, MPH or miles per hour rating measure the speed of the air, which is coming out of the blower. Have in mind that both numbers are vital when it comes to considering which one is the best for your particular requirements.
At the same time, it is essential to remember that these two numbers are interrelated and a high rating in one will not give you the most in case another number is low. In general, CFM ratings are much more significant to consider than MPH ratings.
You should find leaf blower that can comprise at least 300 CFM if you wish to handle basic and straightforward tasks around your home. However, for huge projects and large yards, you should consider the leaf blower with at least 500 CFM rating and higher.
2. Wheeled or Backpack
You should also remember that you could find three different styles of an electric leaf blower, which are suited for a wide array of assignments based on your preferences.
A simple leaf blower is a handheld, and it is ultimately the smallest and least powerful, but you will be able to find it for the affordable price tag. This particular type of leaf blowers is perfect for simple jobs and small yards.
On the other hand, backpack models are worn on the back, which will take the weight off your arms and increase your ability to maneuver with it.
3. Noise Level
If you wish to find a new leaf blower, you should consider its noise before you make up your mind. Since this particular problem can influence what you decide, you should remember that some of them could create a horrible sound that will affect people around you.
In case you have issues with neighbors, complaining every time you decide to conduct lawn maintenance, then you should find the one with the lowest levels of decibels. In some areas, you will have a regulation restriction known as quiet hours, and you will not be able to work during that time.
4. Safety Features
Have in mind that twigs and stones can cause significant damage to your leaf blower and vacuum. Therefore, you should use the blower to blow the leaves before you use the vacuum feature.
Even though you will find the one with the lowest level of noise, it is still operatable and we recommend you to wear hearing protection while using it because you will then rest assured and enjoy in perfect hearing.
Vibration reduction features are also vital to consider because vibration can cause strains to your shoulders, hands, and arms. Ergonomic design and improved comfort will increase your ability to handle it for a long time.
You should also determine the overall durability of the tool you wish to consider. Of course, everything depends on the materials used, but another consideration is checking the warranty deal.
Have in mind that it varies from brand to brand, and it can be long up to five years with limited regulations. You can also get full two-year coverage based on the brand you decide to choose.
6. Mulching and Bagging
Most electric leaf blowers come with built-in vacuum feature as well as collection bags so that you can handle debris and leaves without any additional problem. It means that you will have to empty a bin every once a while.
Finding a blower that could also be best leaf vacuum mulcher will provide you peace of mind when it comes to dealing with chores around your household.
At the same time, internal blades of leaf blower will enable you to slice leaves into small pieces, which are called mulching. The reduction rate will improve dramatically, and you will be able to make your lawn beautiful again in no time.
We have presented you comprehensive review and buying a guide on the best electric leaf blowers that you can find on the market in 2019. The idea is to understand that you should consider a wide array of features before you make up your mind.
Of course, you should reread this guide so that you can learn more on how to find the best leaf blower based on the type, features, and its overall abilities.
In case you have a question to ask, feel free to do it in the section below, and we will answer you on short notice.
- Best Overall - BLACK+DECKER BV6000 electric leaf blower is the best choice that you can make on this particular list. It is perfect for medium to large-duty assignments, and you will be able to use it for hours without overheating. It can reach up to 250 mph speed, and it works on a 12-amp engine that will stand the test of time.
- Runner-Up - Worx WG518 Electric Blower is an excellent solution because it is perfect for large yards and due to its ideal ratio of weight and power, you will be able to use it with ease and handle thickest leaves and debris.
- Best Bang For Your Buck - Performance Tool W50063 is the basic electric leaf blower that comes with the affordable price tag and enough power to handle small to medium sized lawn and yard.
Top Rated Electric Leaf Blowers 2019
|1||BLACK+DECKER Electric Leaf Blower, 7-Amp (LB700)||$29.99 $27.37||Buy on Amazon|
|2||Toro 51619 Ultra Electric blower Vac, 250 mph, Red||$74.97 $50.00||Buy on Amazon|
|3||WORX WG520 Turbine 600 Corded Electric Leaf Blower, Black||$59.99 $48.19||Buy on Amazon|
Last update on 2020-07-12 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API