We can all agree that maintaining a lawn can be a challenging task for a household owner. At the same time, we live in a world where it is difficult to find time to handle all projects around your house.
That is the main reason why most people are turning to artificial grass lawns as the best and more convenient solution than the natural one.
It does not matter if you wish to place it around the pool area, deck or patio, because you will get a long-lasting and convenient solution that will save you both money and time when it comes to care and maintenance.
Apart from that, it will provide you a positive impact because you will reduce the consumption of water and chemicals. We decided to present you a comprehensive review and buyer’s guide on the best artificial grass that you can find on the market in 2019:
10 Best Artificial Grass Comparison Table
|Name||Dimensions||Grass Blade Size||Check Price|
|Artificial Grass Wholesalers||12' x 40'|
480 square feet
|Koeckritz Rugs artificial grass||9' x 12'|
108 square feet
|RoundLove Fake Grass||5' x 3.3'|
16.5 square feet
|CBEC Artificial Lawn||6.5' x 13'|
84.5 square feet
|LITA Artificial Grass||7' x 13'|
91 square feet (various sizes)
|iCustomRug fake grass||6' x 8'|
48 square feet
|GOLDEN MOON Artificial Grass||2' x 5'|
10 square feet
|Zen Garden artificial grass||Various Sizes from 16.5 to 306.5 square feet||1.7-inches|
|LITA Premium||7' x 13''|
91 square feet
|iCustomRug||7' x 8' |
56 square feet
1. Artificial Grass Wholesalers – Perfect for Areas That Have Plenty of Rain and Snow
15-feet foot roll artificial grass is one of the best choices on the market due to high-end materials that will provide you exceptional durability. It is super resilient and highly dense, which means that you will be able to use it for years after purchase.
The materials manufacturers used in construction are non-toxic and eco-friendly, which means that it is perfect for both indoor and outdoor projects. You will get 1-3/8-inch blade height that will provide you well-manicured look all year round.
You can easily install it and apply it on the surface. You do not have to worry because it is mold proof, which means that it will stay beautiful and green for years. You do not have to fertilize, spray and water your lawn.
It comes with drainage holes as well as PU backing that will provide you the ability to drain water during harsh weathers such as snow or rain.
2. Koeckritz Rugs Artificial Grass – Best for Households with Children and Pets
If you wish to find a perfect artificial grass that will stand the test of time, you should consider Koeckritz Rugs artificial grass. It comes from high-end synthetic materials, and you will be able to enjoy in more massive grass patch that comes with extra-lush and soft feel.
It is entirely toxin free, which means that you can place it next to children and pets and rest assured. Apart from that, the glass blades will increase the aesthetical appeal, and your lawn will stand out from your neighbors that are handling natural lawns instead.
The best thing about it is highly durable characteristics because it is UV and stain resistant and it can withstand severe weather conditions without reducing the structural integrity.
You do not have to maintain it as a natural lawn, which means that you will get a convenient solution for your household.
It comes with edges that are bound, and the combination of premium fabrics will increase the aesthetical appeal and reduce the possibility of fraying.
3. RoundLove Fake Grass - Best For Areas with Extreme Weather Conditions
You should have in mind that RoundLove artificial grass comes from fade-resistant, durable, stain and fire resistant and UV stabilized materials that can withstand extreme weather areas as well as high temperatures.
It comes with drainage holes within the rubber back, which means that you can use it in places with heavy rain or snow. The drainage holes will help you clean and maintain it, and you can make it a passage for hosed water.
You should remember that it is simple to install and you will be able to cut it down to size without any additional hassle. The best thing about it is low maintenance, which means that you do not have to use chemicals similarly as natural lawns.
It comes with 1.2-inch grass blades that will increase the aesthetical appeal so that you can enjoy all the way.
4. CBEC Artificial Lawn Grass - Best for Households That Want To Invest In Artificial Grass That Will Stand the Test of Time
CBEC Artificial Lawn comes from high-end and super resilient materials that will increase the density and durability.
According to the manufacturer, you will be able to use it more than ten years, which is an excellent consideration when compared with other artificial grasses on the market.
The materials are non-toxic and eco-friendly, and you will be able to enjoy in thatch, soft and lush appearance that is perfect for both indoor and outdoor projects. Realistic materials will make it appear as a natural grass, which is not the case with other types on this particular list.
You will get a four-tone pattern that will resemble natural grass so that you can increase value and aesthetical appeal of your household. Blade height is 1-3/8-inches, which means that you can use it wherever you want.
5. LITA Artificial Grass - Best For Large Gardens and Households
If you wish to find the best artificial grass made from high-end synthetic materials that will provide you peace of mind, you should consider ALTRUISTIC artificial grass.
The best thing about it is superior durability and resilience. You will get durable construction from polyethylene and poly polypropylene yarns, which are UV resistant and lightweight.
It can provide you high-density grass that will increase both aesthetical appeal and value of your home. You do not have to worry because it is entirely eco-friendly and non-toxic. You will get a four-tone pattern, which is lush and soft, and it will appear as natural grass.
Therefore, you will be able to enjoy in the round and cozy green lawn all year round. It is convenient for both outdoor and indoor projects based on your preferences and requirements.
You do not have to water, mow and spray it, which means that you can save money with it in the long run. It can withstand both cold and hot weather, so you can rest assured along the way.
6. iCustomRug Fake Grass - Best For Large Areas Because It Is Simple To Install And Fold Up Afterward
iCustomRug fake grass comes from lightweight and synthetic materials that will provide you marine backing and low blade height. You will be able to install it in minutes by unfolding and laying it down without fraying. You can also fold it up quickly without any additional hassle.
It comes with all-round finished edges that will prevent fraying. Therefore, it is perfect for use on boats, camping, decks, and pool areas as well. You will be able to enjoy in fade resistant and UV stabilized features, which means that it can withstand extreme weather conditions.
It is simple to maintain, and due to lightweight construction, you will be able to fold it without anyone's help. Edges are bound with a binding material, and you will get rug look. The material is 100% polypropylene, which means that it is stain resistant and you can walk on it with bare feet.
7. GOLDEN MOON Artificial Grass - Best For Indoor and Outdoor Decoration
Golden Moon Artificial Grass is an excellent solution that will provide you 1.5-inches of blade height and 3' x 5' dimensions. It is an artificial rug that you can use both as outdoor and indoor decoration.
Due to high-quality synthetic materials, you will be able to enjoy in additional durability as well as fire, UV and fade resistance. Therefore, you will be able to use it for years after purchase, and it can withstand both hot and cold kinds of weather and remain perfectly green for years.
At the same time, you do not have to maintain it as other lawns, which will increase the convenience and reduce expenses you would make on tools and chemicals.
The materials are 100% eco-friendly, and the rug comes with rubber backs, which means that you do not have to worry about slipping. It is mold-proof and fadeless so you can avoid corrosion and UV issues as well.
8. Zen Garden Artificial Grass - Best For Small And Large Households
Zen Garden artificial grass is 100% safe for your children and pets. At the same time, it is a much heavier solution than other grass types on this particular list. Since it comes from high-end synthetic materials, you will be able to walk on it with bare feet.
It comes with 1.7-inch glass blades that will increase its appearance, which means that your lawn will stand out when compared with other households in your neighborhood.
You do not have to worry because it is highly durable, stain, UV and fade-resistant, which means that it can handle harsh weather conditions with ease.
At the same time, you do not have to maintain it as natural grass, which means that you can install and clean it with ease. It contains rubber backing that will keep it in place, which is another reason for its popularity.
9. LITA Realistic Grass - Best For Household Owners With Limited Budget
LITA Realistic artificial grass is an excellent choice, which is highly durable and super resilient, and you will be able to get it for the affordable price tag.
It comes with a combination of poly polypropylene line and polyethylene, which means that its construction is UV resistant, which will prevent degradation in areas with harsh weather.
At the same time, you can rest assured because it is entirely eco-friendly and non-toxic and comprises soft, lush look so that you can walk on it with bare feet.
It features a blade height of 1-3/8-inches, which means that your grass will be perfectly manicured all year long. You can clean it, maintain it and install it with ease, and according to the warranty deal, you will be able to use it for a decade before finding a new one.
10. iCustomRug Artificial Grass - Best For Long-Term Usage
This is another iCustomRug artificial grass on this particular list that comes with natural appearance due to high-quality materials used for production. You do not have to worry, because 1.25-inches grass blades will provide you perfect and appealing look.
It is completely UV and stain resistant, which makes it perfect for long-term usage. You can rest assured because as soon as you purchase it, you will be able to use it for years. It comes with finished bound edges that will prevent fraying and ensure a natural look.
This particular carpet is simple to install, and you can cut it down to size. It contains drainage holes so that you can drain water during the cleaning and after heavy rains and snow. You will be able to clean it with ease, and it will stay in perfect shape for a few years at least.
Best Artificial Grass Buying Guide 2019
It is essential to understand that you have to find an appropriate artificial lawn that will increase the aesthetical appearance and value of your household.
We have mentioned above that you can choose natural lawn, but if you do not have plenty of time to maintain it, you should consider artificial lawn instead.
Benefits Of Using Best Artificial Grass
- You Do Not Have To Water It - It is essential to understand that having a real lawn will require from you a constant watering in the late evening and early mornings. However, having an artificial grass does not need watering. The only time you will have to add water is when you wish to clean it, and that will happen occasionally. During the cleaning, we recommend you to hose the blades off with small bursts of water so that you can get rid of debris and dirt. As a result, you will have to spare less money for the monthly water bill.
- It Is Safe For Children - Since artificial lawns do not require chemicals such as pesticides, fertilizers, and weed killers, it is one of the safest parts of your yard where your children can play on. Most cities across the globe are choosing artificial lawns because it is the perfect solution where pets and children could play, especially when compared with chemically treated natural grass.
- Low Maintenance - The main reason why people consider artificial instead of natural grass, is that you do not have to deal with specific chores such as mowing. Finally, you can rest assured, because plastic grass will never grow, so you can spend that time playing with your family and friends instead. Even though you do not have to treat it and mow it, you have to maintain it from time to time. However, this particular process is as simple as possible. You will be able to remove large organic materials by using a leaf blower, while bristle broom can handle crowded areas. You can use water to clean tough debris.
- Pets Adore It - If you have dogs inside your household, you probably know that they enjoy playing outside especially on lawns. The main idea is that dogs generally tend to ignore artificial grass, and if they leave any mess, you will be able to cleanse it with mild detergent and water. The best thing for people that own dogs are that they will not be able to dig holes and spread dirt around the yard and home.
- It Will Always Look Amazing - Artificial lawns are made from materials that can easily withstand harsh weather conditions both cold and hot. It will remain the same with beautiful green color for all year round, which means that it will resemble a real lawn. Even some areas that get most traffic will require low maintenance and effort to make them look like new.
- You Can Avoid Using Chemicals - Unlike real lawns, you do not have to use chemicals to make them look lush and green. The main idea is that this particular material is not providing a living area for pests and bugs, which means that this specific problem will be eliminated as well. Since you will avoid using fertilizers and pesticides, you will save the environment and money in the long run.
- Durable Solution - As soon as you install the artificial lawn, you should forget about maintenance. It will withstand heavy wear and tear for years after purchase. Of course, everything depends on the materials used for it but has in mind that it can withstand weather and climate changes with ease. At the same time, it will not lose color due to significant UV exposure, which means that you will be able to enjoy it for years.
- You Can Avoid Dealing With Frustrating Weeds - When you have a natural lawn, the worst and the most common thing that happens is a problem with numerous types of weeds that will crawl inside, and you will have a hard time handling everything. You will need plenty of money and time to remove weeds, while with artificial lawn; you do not have to worry about it. Of course, you have to pull them out from time to time, but it will be much less prevalent than regular and natural lawns.
Things To Consider When Buying A Best Artificial Grass
As you can see from everything, we have mentioned above; artificial grass has numerous advantages when compared with natural grass. However, before you make up your mind, you should consider several factors that will help you make a quality purchase:
- Feel - The first thing you should think is how it feels when you hold it and when you walk on it. Therefore, you should check it out, and brush it against your arms and legs to determine the way it feels. It is essential to find the one that features lush and soft feeling, especially if you wish for your pets and children to feel comfortable while playing on it.
- Drainage Holes - Most artificial lawns that we have mentioned above comes with drainage holes, but you should also check out their frequency and count. In case you live in areas with high levels of rain, you should consider finding a rug that features drainage holes that will protect it and move the water while it rains or snows. This is also an important consideration if you wish to purchase artificial lawn so that you can place it in the pool area.
- Resilience - Have in mind that your artificial grass should look different in afternoon, morning and evening, similarly as natural one with the highest quality. Therefore, you should put it outside and watch for color variations based on different times during the day, so that you can determine which one is the best for your needs.
- Fill-In - Some artificial grass rugs will provide you additional materials such as sand on the top while others will not. You should consider whether you have time and money for maintenance costs especially because these rugs will require replacing fill material from time to time.
- Blade Height - In case you have pets, you should consider shorter grass blades because they will be much more convenient when it comes to maintenance and cleaning. Have in mind that long knives can look and feel lovely and lush; it is challenging to clean them. At the same time, short blade heights will increase the aesthetical appearance of your backyard, which is the main reason for their popularity.
- Durability - It is important to remember that most grass rugs will have a warranty deal between five to fifteen years based on the manufacturer. This is another factor that you should consider when choosing the best artificial grass. In case you wish to find the one that will serve you for a long time, you should select the one with more extended guarantee.
- Price Tag - When choosing an artificial lawn, you should consider various costs that will stay apart from the price tag you have to pay for it. We are talking about grass removal, preparation costs as well as drainage systems. Even though they are simple to maintain, you should also include the maintenance costs that will come with it so that you can enjoy all the way.
- Density and Weight - The thickness is measured by the number of yarn per square unit of it. The more density it features, the higher quality it will be, and as a result, you will have to pay a bigger price tag than other lawns on the market. At the same time, dense gardens are more aesthetically appealing and durable, and in most cases, you do not have to place fill-ins during the installation.
- Color - Most artificial grasses will provide you different shades of green based on the time of day. On the other hand, cheap ones tend to be flatly green, which could seem artificial. Therefore, before buying one, you should take a sample to see which one will increase the appearance of your home.
Tips On How To Maintain and Care For Best Artificial Grass
- Brush Them Regularly - Everything depends on the amount of traffic your lawn gets, which means that you should brush it regularly so that you can keep up with the good looks and condition. Brushing will keep the fibers upright for a long time, and it will remain beautiful too.
- Remove Organic Debris and Leaves - You should remove organic debris and leaves from your lawn as soon as possible. In case you leave them too long, they will decompose, and that will form compost that will reduce the appearance of your lawn and encourage the growth of weeds. We recommend you to use leaf blower so that you can do it with ease.
- Restore Its Color - In case you use it near inflatable swimming pools or flowerpots, they will flatten the grass fibers. It is vital to remove these items every once a while and use brook that contains firm bristles so that you can brush the strands up again and restore its natural look
- Winter Conditions - Even though, most artificial grasses can withstand harsh weather conditions such as snow and winter, however, if icy layer forms as a result, you should do something about it as soon as possible. The worst thing that you can do is to leave it to melt naturally because ice will damage the fibers.
- Fire - You should take extreme control so that you can ensure that hot items do not come in contact with artificial lawns. Since they come from synthetic materials, they can melt down, and that could lead to pricey repair.
- Weed Control - We have mentioned above that weeds are common issues for natural lawns, but sometimes they can prevail in artificial lawns as well. Therefore, you should remove it by using a rake and brushing it regularly. Since they are not prevalent, you should avoid using chemicals.
We have presented you comprehensive reviews and buying a guide on best artificial grass lawns that you can find on the market in 2019. It is essential to understand that everything depends on your needs, preferences, size of your lawn and many more factors.
By rereading this particular guide, you will be able to understand the critical factors that will help you determine which artificial grass is the best for your specific needs.
You have to inform yourself entirely before entering the market, because that way you will be able to make a quality purchase.
In case you have additional questions, feel free to ask them in the comment section below, and we will answer you on short notice.
- Best Overall - Pet Zen Garden Premium Artificial Grass Patch is the best choice because you will be able to get the largest lawn size as well as high-end materials that will stand the test of time. It is one of the most beautiful choices that you can find on this list, which is the main reason why we consider it the best one.
- Runner-Up - RoundLove artificial turf lawn is the second best choice that you can find on this particular list. It comes with high-quality materials and warranty deal that will provide you the best ratio of value and price.
Best Bang for Your Buck - iCustomRug outdoor turf rug is the smallest and most affordable model that you can consider. However, the size and price will not affect its durability and feel, which is why you should